Here is a recipe that I just did last weekend. I had to make appetizers for my grandparents Turkey dinner that they were having. They alway do it a week after Thanksgiving so that everyone can come…which is a nice idea. Anyways…this was a hit and everyone loved these. I persoanlly love nuts anyways but man with the sugar glaze it was like candy…so delicious!!! I got it from Recipes.Aol.com
4 egg, whites only
2. Spray two (15x10x1-inch) baking pans with nonstick coating spray.
3. Separate eggs and in a large bowl whisk egg whites.
4. Add Â½ a cup of champagne or ginger ale, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, sugar and pecan halves.
5. Now fold this together until the nuts are evenly coated.
6. Spread the mixture out onto the baking pans.
7. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the coating is absorbed and the pecans appear dry, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
8. Separate the pecans into a single layer with two forks.
9. When they are cooled store at room temperature in an airtight container
Filed under: Appetizers and Dips